The Endowment Trust scholarship
The Institute of Law is offering one competitive scholarship to a Jersey-resident student. Full details are given below, together with an application form. We look forward to receiving your application. Good luck!
The Institute of Law is pleased to offer one competitive scholarship to the value of £8,000 for tuition fees in the academic year 2020/21.
We welcome applications from students resident in Jersey who are in possession of a valid registration card from the Population Office and hold an offer to study at the Institute of Law (excluding professional courses such as the Jersey Law Course or the Guernsey Bar Examinations).
The scholarship will be awarded to the candidate who most closely meets the Awarding Committee’s criteria. The Committee’s decision is final.
If you are awarded the scholarship, your tuition fee for 2020/21 will be waived up to the value of £8,000.
The scholarship is funded by the Institute of Law Endowment Trust.
To apply for this scholarship, you must complete the Scholarship Application Form below and demonstrate how you meet the eligibility criteria.
The application form also requires a scholarship statement of 500 words maximum in which you should set out how the scholarship would make a significant difference to your life and enable you to undertake your studies.
Please email ensure you fill and return your application form using the online form below by: 5.00 p.m. on Monday 7 September 2020.
Students’ eligibility criteria:
- Only residents in possession of a valid registration card from the population office of Jersey are eligible.
- The applicant must have registered with the Institute of Law and be studying in Jersey for the academic year for which the bursary is sought.
- The applicant must not be receiving any financial assistance from Skills Jersey, also known as Students’ Finance, for the academic year for which the bursary is sought, or be funded by their company.
- The annual household income of the applicant should not exceed £40K.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate potential for academic success (i.e. have been accepted on the course or passed all previous year modules on first attempt).
You will need to upload the following documents with your application:
- Identification document (i.e. passport or ID card)
- Population office registration card
- A proof of household income
How to apply:
To apply fill in the form below: