Study for a University of London LLB law degree in Jersey
The Institute enables students in Jersey to study for the University of London LLB. This prestigious law degree can be a stepping-stone to qualifying as a lawyer in Jersey, England and Wales and many other jurisdictions. Law is also a fascinating subject to study in its own right.
Having a course that is flexible and suited to the needs of a student is of utmost importance, and so rather than follow a system which focuses on years it will take to complete the course, the University of London LLB instead operates on a level system; undergraduates take 12 subjects over Levels 4, 5 and 6, and students who are already graduates take 9 over the same Levels, taking one fewer subject per Level. Because of this, there is no standard route; instead students can take 1-4 or -5 modules per year, dependent on personal circumstances, over a maximum of 6 years for a qualifying law degree. The degree requires a regular commitment to additional private study.
For the 2021/22 academic year, all our classes will once more be taking place face to face.
We also offer the LLB Double Degree, which allows you to study for French and English law degrees concurrently.
For school leavers, we expect a minimum of BCC at A2-level, 25 IB points or the equivalent in other exams. We accept a wide range of academic and professional qualifications from mature students, including Access to HE diplomas. If you are awaiting exam results, you may be made a conditional offer.
How much does it cost?
The costs for 2021/22 will be:
- £1650 per module
- University of London fees*
- Exam centre fees
* For a full breakdown of the University of London’s fees, please visit the University of London website.
This is significantly less than studying for an equivalent degree in the UK
In addition, Jersey-based students may be eligible to receive a grant from the States of Jersey on the same basis as if they were studying at a UK University.
Teaching starts in late September, and we recommend students apply as early as possible from 1 February onward; applications need to be received by the Institute as soon as possible to guarantee your place.
- Research the degree by visiting the University of London website, and our website. If you have questions or would like an informal discussion with Institute of Law staff please email us or telephone 01534 826060 (if you leave a message on our answering machine, it will be emailed to us and we will respond as soon as possible). This is not part of the selection process.
- Apply for a place at the Institute by completing our online application form. We will then ask you to attend an interview remotely with the Director, Chief Executive or other senior staff, designed to test your verbal reasoning skills and your motivation for studying law.
- If your academic certificates and passport need certification, please scan them and send them to us, we certify them and send the certified copy back to you, to upload with your application. We will interview you by phone or using online conferencing software. Expect the interview to last about 15 minutes.
- Apply online for admission to the University of London and send educational certificates to London. Most applicants can expect to hear the outcome of their applications within six weeks.