If you are coming to study in Jersey, you need to know that accommodation is at a premium and follow certain rules. There are 2 types of accommodation:
🏚 Registered (for people who have lived in Jersey less than 5 years)
🏚 Entitled (for people who have been in Jersey more than 5 years)
As a newcomer you will be ‘registered’ and need to look for this type of accommodation. The Institute has negotiated prices for student accommodation with the following places:
🏘St Brelade College (3 houses converted in residences)
🏣Sarum hotel studios
🏣Merton hotel self catering suites
If you fancy sharing but don’t know anyone on the course yet, we have created a private Facebook group. Only our students or potential students have access to this group. Some of the providers offer better rates to students willing to share so feel free to use this group to pair up.
St Brelade College: Priority to First Year Students
St Brelade’s College offers accommodation for our out-of-Island students. You will need to book your accommodation directly with the college, who can be contacted by telephone: +44(0)1534 741 305 or via email at email@example.com.
- Visit the Accommodation website which offers St Brelades guest house is situated in St Helier, about 20 minutes away from the Institute and Richelieu residence is situated in Georgetown, about half an hour’s walk from the Institute.
- £135 a week for the single room,
- £155 a week for the double/twin rooms on sole occupancy
- £220 a week for 2 peoples sharing a room (£110 per person)
Both residences give priority to first year students, second year students will only be able to book a room if places are still available at the end of September.
Field House: Shared Accommodation for First and Second Year Students
A spacious shared house located in the South west of the island, consisting of 5 bedroms all with private bathrooms, shared kitchen, separate breakfast room/student lounge. Field House is ideal if you need a quiet place to study. which also benefits from an excellent bus link into town and being close to local amenities such as shops, sports centre, pubs and some of Jerseys prettiest beaches. Parking available
This property has a twin room with en-suite available for £25 per night (single occupancy) This would be for room only without breakfast. The room has a fridge, microwave and kettle and would be serviced Monday to Friday. To enquire please email Dave and Jean Walter firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01534 734834
Availability is from 1st October 2019.
The Navigator apartment: The Navigator is situated in Rozel, a 15-minute drive from the Institute of Law. There is a bus (number 3) every hour leaving from Rozel and passing by one of the main roads close to the Institute (until about midnight).
This is a winter let property available from end of September to the beginning of April (perfect for our term dates) this property is for 3 students to share. (1 double bedroom and one bedroom with a single bed and a double bed). Sea facing Lounge with fully equipt kitchen and large bathroom. Washing machine and tumble dryer.
Rates: £160 per person per week to include electricity, heating, wi-fi and a superb sea view.
If you are interested, please contact the owner, Paul Knight (email@example.com) or mobile number: +44 7797722294.
The Navigator is now not available for Academic year 2019/20
Nord Cottage, Rozel
is situated just a 10 minutes walk from Rozel harbour ( where the Navigator apartment is) There is a bus (number 3) every hour leaving from Rozel and passing by one of the main roads close to the Institute (until about midnight). This is a winter let property available from end of September to the end of April/ beginning of May (perfect for our term dates) this property is for 3 students to share.
2 Bedroom Cottage, fully equipped – Maximum 3 Adults,
Ground floor: Entrance into spacious kitchen-diner. Large lounge.
First floor: 1 Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. 1 Twin/double bedroom. Bathroom.
If you are interested, please contact the owner, Simon Gray mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01534 863462
The Merton Suites are attached to the Merton hotel. The Merton will offer discounted prices for long-term bookings. Rates will be related to the amount of time spent in the suite. For more information or to make a booking, please email: email@example.com.
It is worth noting that the Dodo suites have twin beds and can be shared, whilst the Durrell suites contain a double bed.
- For stays up to 28 nights a deposit equivalent of the first night of stay is required. This deposit is non refundable. The remaining balance has to be settled on arrival.
- For stays more than 29 nights a deposit of £1000 is required. This deposit is refundable on departure if there are no damages to the suite occupied. The remaining balance for the first 28 nights of your stay has to be paid on arrival. Installments equal to 28 nights must be paid in advance every four weeks.
- If you shorten your confirmed booking or cancel your reservation, your deposit and any installment will be forfeited.
The Sarum hotel in Jersey also offers self catering accommodation from September to April. This includes all bills, free WiFi, daily cleaning, a games area, and other amenities. The building offers:
- single studios
- shared studios
- Single self-catering bedroom from 29th September till 31st March 2020………………………………………..£39.00 per night, weekly/monthly payment in advance.
- Double/Twin self-catering bedroom from 29th September till 31st March 2020……………………………..£50.00 per night, per room (£25.00 per person) weekly/monthly payment in advance
- Triple self-catering bedroom from 29th September till 31st March 2020…………………………………………£66.00 per night, per room (£22.00 per person) weekly/monthly payment in advance
In order to guarantee the booking a deposit of 30% of the total booked is needed, as well as an advance payment on a weekly or monthly basis.
If you are interested in our suite please contact the Sarum as early as possible as it is in high demand.